Variety of education options
Situated in the midst of the East and the West, UAE is emerging as a popular choice for study destinations. Various universities from USA, UK and other countries offer great study abroad programs in UAE. That means, you will receive a USA/UK level education along with the lucrative facilities that the UAE has to offer. UAE’s proximity to Europe and Asia allows the country to offer the very best in education from both the eastern and western hemispheres
Safe learning environment
One might think that UAE is generally in state of restlessness and turmoil – thanks to the media. But this is nowhere close to the truth. The UAE, in actuality, is a place of harmony. The residents of the country are noticeably hospitable, warm and pleasing. The people are always eager to share their culture and know about others’.
The catchy weather of UAE is one of its many pros. Sunbathing, beaches, long walks – UAE has a spot for you. One can always find a beach to relax on after a long day at one’s sturdy table. You definitely don’t need to worry about it getting too cold in this desert region. You won’t need to worry about the heat either – most buildings have air conditioning to keep everyone comfortable. You can find comfort indoors, too.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven different emirates or states namely – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah and Umm Al Quwain. Each of these follow their own guidelines. Language is not a barrier in the UAE. Along with the primary language Arabic, English is widely spoken, too. One might take a walk down the streets and encounter a variety of languages like Urdu, Farsi, Hindi, etc. So, for Indians, one might call UAE a home away from home
Better career opportunities
You can find internships and other opportunities to build your CV. While you stay in UAE for your education, you learn a great deal and develop some valuable skills which will later help you in landing the best job. The experiences you have while you study abroad will enhance your CV and open up even more career options down the road whether you pursue a job in the UAE or in India.
How to apply?
The first step is to do some careful research on institutions and courses. After that, you can order a free prospectus from the respective university websites. Once you’ve pored over the details and confident to have met the requirements, you can submit your application before the start of the programme.
After that, check whether you meet all the application requirements.
The UAE’s government portal notes that “Accredited universities and colleges in the UAE can secure a visa for their students whether international students or students already residing in the UAE. Students should refer to the terms and conditions listed in each university or college to know specific requirements for admission and visa process.”
- Educational resume/ Curriculum vitae
- Passport photostat (first and last pages)
- Work experience letter (if applicable)
- Any other qualification certificate (attested by the graduation college if applicable)
NOTE: Two sets of documents are required per university – one for admission and one for scholarships. All the documents should be submitted in separate envelopes.
University selection criteria
- Courses offered
- Admission requirements
- Fees and accommodation
- Rate of acceptance
- Possibility of assistantship
- Application form
- Application fees
- Departmental forms
- Supplemental forms
- Mailing documents
- Application material
- Follow up of application status
- IELTS : Overall 6.5 bands (not less than 6 in any module) for Master’s program (Overall 6 bands for Undergraduate program)
- TOEFL : 80+ IBT
- GRE/ GMAT/ SAT : Depends upon university
- 10th marksheet
- 12th marksheet (Attested by the principal, in a sealed envelope)
- Degree individual marksheet
- Provisional and candidate certificate (Attested by the registrar of the university, in a sealed envelope)
- Course completion certificate (If the student is in final year)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Three recommendation letters from HODs/ lecturers of the graduation college
- Bank statement for Rs. Fifteen Eighteen lakh on bank, letterhead (attested by the branch manager)
- Affidavit of support from the sponsor
- TOEFL/IELTS, SAT, GRE & GMAT scores report photo copy. Scores should be officially sent to the university through ETS.