The Singaporean government has made made a very large investment in the education sector over a very long period with a vision to make it a superpower in the Asian continent through the merits of its education.
The rapid development and internationalization of education in Singapore has got it the third rank in the QS Best Student City Rankings 2013. The education system of Singapore adopts Western ideologies as well as methodologies to encourage the independent learning among students
Another pleasing thing about Singapore is its weather. Singapore has extremely amazing sea weather. Unlike the other Southeast Asian countries, Singapore keeps receiving some unexpected gentle rain showers. Random rain showers and lots of sunshine keep the weather of Singapore stabilized. One would not feel so tropical in this country
It is quite easy to get around there. International students would not feel alien in Singapore, even though it feels like a far-off destination. Singapore has a total of four national languages and English is one among them. Hence, language is not a problem here. International students can quickly adjust here because three-fourth of the country’s population can speak English. Another significant fact is that the official language of education in Singapore is English.
Clean and safe
Singapore has been named as Garden City. This interesting feat of the country is due to the streets lined up with trees. You get the idea. There are so many green parks designed all around the island. Not only the beauty and cleanliness, Singapore puts an emphasis on safety, too. With extremely strict laws, it has very low crime rate. City streets and public transportation are completely secure for students in all respects. You may run into a mall in the middle of the night.
If what you are looking for is a perfect blend of East and West, it is Singapore, then. The country houses incredible cultural and religious diversity. Here, you will get the opportunity of meeting students from all over the world. Students from more than 30 countries come to study at the top universities in Singapore. This will ultimately work in your favor a as you get to develop your personality while you share your space with people from different cultures and different ethnicities. Singapore, thus, presents you with an excellent global networking opportunity. You get a chance to learn a great deal from students from around the world during your stay in the country.
How to apply?
New applications for a Student’s Pass must be submitted at least one month before the commencement of the course. Applications must be submitted through the Student’s Pass On-Line Application & Registration (SOLAR) system.
- Educational resume/ Curriculum vitae
- Passport photostat (first and last pages)
- Work experience letter (if applicable)
- Any other qualification certificate (attested by the graduation college if applicable)
NOTE: Two sets of documents are required per university – one for admission and one for scholarships. All the documents should be submitted in separate envelopes.
University selection criteria
- Courses offered
- Admission requirements
- Fees and accommodation
- Rate of acceptance
- Possibility of assistantship
- Application form
- Application fees
- Departmental forms
- Supplemental forms
- Mailing documents
- Application material
- Follow up of application status
- IELTS : Overall 6.5 bands (not less than 6 in any module) for Master’s program (Overall 6 bands for Undergraduate program)
- TOEFL : 80+ IBT
- GRE/ GMAT/ SAT : Depends upon university
- 10th marksheet
- 12th marksheet (Attested by the principal, in a sealed envelope)
- Degree individual marksheet
- Provisional and candidate certificate (Attested by the registrar of the university, in a sealed envelope)
- Course completion certificate (If the student is in final year)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Three recommendation letters from HODs/ lecturers of the graduation college
- Bank statement for Rs. Fifteen Eighteen lakh on bank, letterhead (attested by the branch manager)
- Affidavit of support from the sponsor
- TOEFL/IELTS, SAT, GRE & GMAT scores report photo copy. Scores should be officially sent to the university through ETS.